Thursday, January 25, 2018

oh, geez, guys

I came home just now. Went and looked at my side door. In addition to a lot of the old paint having got stripped off there was this:

That? Is blood.

I can't. I literally can't. I kicked the storm door shut and just walked away.

I don't know if I am supposed to clean this up, or leave it, or call the cops, or what.

I also feel like....I don't know, see if I can find someone to sprinkle holy water or something there after it's cleaned. I don't feel good about this.

I don't even know if I should call the cops back and ask them if it's ok to clean the blood off the door. (With lots of bleach).

I guess the guy had it on his hands which makes me wonder if he tried to break in somewhere by punching out a window and it went bad.

This week is fired. Yes, tomorrow remains, but I just teach one class then.

And the garage door guy? Hasn't called. So I guess I don't get my garage fixed today either.

Edited to add: I called the non-emergency police line again and spoke with the dispatcher. I decided (with some people's advice) that reporting the blood was potentially important. She looked it up and said the man was arrested, and it was OK for me to clean off the door, and to use gloves and bleach.

(I had called my dad earlier and he suggested calling the local DA, whom I know from church. But I hate bothering her, she's so busy, and anyway, I got a faster answer calling the police - I figured Emily doesn't get home until 5 or after, so I wouldn't call before then. I might still call her just for reassurance that this is the kind of crap that happens and it won't happen again)

I don't have it in me to clean it up this afternoon but I am thinking tomorrow I make a Lowe's run for heavy-duty gloves and a disposable bucket and all, and take care of it then.

E-ETA

Even though I am trying to reduce right now:

Nutella, straight, no chaser.




No comments: