Sunday, January 21, 2018

a little freebee

Among the books I got for Christmas was one called "The Indispensable Dictionary of Unusual Words." I was suspicious because it was edited by Josefa Heifetz Byrne, and I had (and still have) a book called "Mrs. Byrne's Dictionary."

It turns out this is a reprint of that under a different title. (I found that when I removed the shrinkwrap. I am guessing this was a Daedalus purchase made by one of my parents, not realizing that I already had the original).

If you want it, e-mail me (I am also posting on Twitter, for DMs). First person to request gets it. It's a fun book, especially if you have a sense of humor that is eternally 12. I remember friends of mine and I getting into trouble circa 5th grade for snickering over some of the medical words having to do with butts in there.
EDITED TO ADD: already spoken for. That was fast!

No comments: