Monday, January 29, 2018

A little better

I got the paper done and uploaded, though I still don't trust that it's DONE.

I ran a couple errands - going to pick up a prescription at 4 pm is a bad idea, I tell you what - but at least I'm home now.

And this was waiting for me:

February's Doki Doki box. Yes, it's quite early - it only took 9 days to get here from Japan, sometimes it's taken 3 weeks.

I debated opening it - after all, it is for FEBRUARY and it will be a long long wait until the next one. But this was a difficult day and I'm kind of sad and discouraged, so maybe there's something good in here....

First up: the stuffie, because they are my favorites. A small, round, very squishy (seriously, there must have been some kind of quantum leap in stuffing technology in recent years - I have bought or seen several stuffies of late that are just....marshmallow is close but not quite right. Just super soft, softer than the kind of stuffing I can buy at the fabric store. Very tactilely pleasing).

The little flier that comes with the box says his name is Marupyon. Maru for round (oooooh! Like the YouTube cat who likes to go in boxes!) and pyon is onomatopoeic of the sound hopping makes.

And....what's in the little box...

It's a piggy bowl! And it's really made out of china, like real dishes (They have sent melamine stuff before). They say the Japanese legend on the bowl transliterates to Itadakimasu which is an expression of gratitude for food.

Not sure if I will use this to eat off of, but I might eventually get an air plant or two and this bowl would be a nice place for them to live.

A Pikachu eco-bag which will probably become a project bag for a knitting project. I like Pikachu. I was already a grown-up adult by the time Pokemon made the scene but I find at least some of them cute and occasionally watch the cartoon (which is cute) that runs on Disney XD.

The last two items is a set of Hello Kitty chocolate molds. (Hm. I wonder if the extra-dark Ghiardelli chips I put in my oatmeal would be good melted down then molded that way) and a Little Twin Stars box to put the chocolate in to give to someone.

(In Japan, my understanding is, Valentine's day is a day women give chocolate to men, then they reciprocate with chocolate or flowers a month later.....not that I have any dudes in my life I could give chocolate to without it seeming weird.)

I will probably save the box, maybe sometime if I send a small gift to my niece I will wrap it in that.

Favorite item by far is the bunny, with the Pikachu bag coming in second.





No comments: