Thursday, December 14, 2017

It's decompression time

Yup, done at the dentist. Nothing is wrong. And it was a new hygienist - I hope she stays there a while, she was good.

Also, for the first time, someone (the hygienist) acknowledged to my face the existence of something I've read about: that some people are tartar super-accumulators. Their saliva apparently contains more minerals (calcium) and so they build up more tartar. When she was scraping my teeth, she kind of sighed and said "I bet you're a super-accumulator."

In the past, I had hygienists just say either "You don't brush hard enough" or "you're not flossing RIGHT" and I kind of doubted that.

So yeah. She did say an anti-tartar toothpaste might help. (If I can find one that's not "whitening" because that junk makes my teeth super sensitive and I'd rather endure the semi-yearly scraping)

But yeah: what a lousy super-power to have: "I can fossilize people by spitting on them for a few years!"

***

I also got my last exam graded. Am trying to decide if I'm up to going back to enter the grades. I still have to wait - my "extra time" accommodation person has to take their exam in a special office, and I've not received it back yet (here's hoping it comes either this afternoon or tomorrow, so I can get my grades done).

The other alternative is to write my short Christmas letter and get the cards ready to go out to a couple family friends and a couple relatives....

***

I think I'm going to do the black-bean burgers again for dinner. They appeal to me, and they will be soft (I always have a little bit of soreness, even after just a checkup - holding my jaw open for any length of time hurts a little, and the scaling makes my gums hurt a little.) And I have time to do it tonight...no where I have to go, nothing I have to do, which is nice. Monday and Wednesday this week were evening meetings, last Thursday was the AAUW party....I've had lots of grading recently, so it's nice to decompress a little.

Going to go to bed EARLY tonight, I think. And not set my alarm for tomorrow morning.

The only things I have left that I HAVE to do (other than packing) are graduation Saturday, the church stuff Sunday, and entering my grades some time....

No comments: