Friday, September 01, 2017

and weekend goals:

1. This evening - knit, maybe even get up to starting the sleeves on Grasse Matinee

2. Take a shower and wash my hair now that I have water back. (I came home to NO WATER. Apparently someone t-boned someone a couple blocks down and pushed them into a fire hydrant, which broke, and they opened the one in MY block to relieve pressure so they could fix that one. So I had no water pressure over lunch - fortunately, I had bottled water to make my tea, and also fortunately, they apparently got it sorted because the water came back just shortly before I left to return here. I ran it for a bit to try to flush the system but didn't see any sediment so I'm probably good. I hope no one was seriously hurt but I hope the driver at fault was ticketed)

3. Go to bed early "enough" and read for a while.

4. Antiquing, because I've "floated" doing that for far too many weeks. Also "big" grocery shopping for fresh foods (I have enough canned goods and need to remember that I do, but I will need milk and fruit and fresh veggies and some kind of meat for next week). Maybe nip into either the bookstore or the JoAnn's to see if the newest issue of Simply Knitting is out.

And maybe get lunch out somewhere. I wish there were a proper tearoom; that would be nice. I will probably go for barbecue as usual (there is a Panera, but recently their offerings have not appealed that much).

5. Maybe start the Great Horn-rimmed which I am already thinking of as my WOL sweater (because it has owls on it, and Owl in Winnie-the-Pooh signed his name WOL.)

6. Clean house a little? I don't want to but it needs it and I need to quit being avoidant of things like that.

7. Come up here on Monday and help my student weed a bit, but also try to finish this big editing job.

8. Put away all the laundry I've done but left piled up.

9. Get the "birb quilt" back out and sew a little more on that top, or at least rearrange my sewing room a little.

That seems like a lot, but I could do at least #8 quickly once I get home today. And #3 is very appealing right now, I am sort of tired. Or maybe I push to clean up my bedroom as well as putting away laundry so it's extra-nice to read in. (I did knock over a pile of books I need to pick back up).

No comments: