Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Well, that's done

Home from the doctor.

My weight had not changed. I hoped for a little loss, but then again - I've been coming home for lunch every day this summer, and I know I haven't exactly been abstemious. (I probably need to be more careful than I am.)

She said my bloodwork was "very good, and very consistent" (I presume that means she was finally able to get my records from the clinic she was formerly with; I know that was a problem earlier on) and so I don't need to do it again until next year. She also said my home blood pressure readings were very consistent and were good. (They bounce anywhere from 110-130 on the systolic and 70-80ish on the diastolic, but I guess that's pretty consistent? I don't know, the whole "high blood pressure" thing is still fairly new for me).

My blood pressure while there was....not so good. For one thing I get "performance anxiety" over stuff like that (I WANT it to be low and that jinxes me). Also, I don't know for sure if it was a child or a "challenged" adult in one of the other rooms having to get a shot, but someone (either a woman or a girl or a young boy) was SCREAMING and sobbing about the shot and how they didn't want it, and it went on and on....and sitting there in the waiting room I thought, "This is not good for my blood pressure" because hearing someone else upset makes me tense and unhappy.

I did not like getting shots as a child but I remember my MO as being more sitting there, hot silent tears running down my face and feeling anger at the nurse who was having to give it. (I still don't like them but I dislike getting sick even more, so, I get them)

I did mention that I "seemed to pull muscles more easily" and her suggestion was I needed to stretch more before working out (she asked me what exercise I did) and that I probably don't drink enough water. (That could well be the case, and I need to do more of that). She didn't mention my weight which I admit  is probably  too high to be healthy long-term but she did comment that she thought the level of exercise I was doing was excellent, and she commented again about my "good" blood numbers, and the fact that I "never" seem to get sick (I did admit: "I get some of the little viruses that go around but I usually know it's a virus and I figure all you'd tell me was to rest and drink water, and I can tell myself that without having to pay a co-pay" and she laughed)

I asked about the shingles vaccine but I am not quite old enough yet for it to be a good idea, apparently.

The good news is I don't need to go back for another six months.

I said on Twitter that I would get a milkshake for dinner if everything was good, but, I don't know....I'm home, I've put away my car and taken off my shoes, I hate going out in end-of-day traffic, AND I still have leftover baked beans I could eat, so maybe I do that instead. (I might work up the motivation to make biscuits, though)

I DO think I am going to try going back to morning workouts....I am wondering if my muscles being fatigued from the day could play a factor in the greater number of what feel like pulled muscles. This means an earlier bedtime from now on.

ETA: Biscuits are in the oven. I think I will enjoy that more than I would a milkshake anyway, especially since I have a fresh jar of the good Kroger's "Private Selection" Oregon Strawberry preserves to open and eat on them.  And the bonus is, if I'm still as sick of oatmeal tomorrow as I was this morning, I can have a leftover biscuit or two instead for breakfast.

1 comment:

CGHill said...

Those BP numbers are a whole lot more consistent than mine are.