Friday, August 18, 2017

One quick thing

Getting out did help me feel better. I have food ahead for the next couple weeks and also got some of the things I like a lot but cannot find locally.

And I bought more bath fizzies. Yes, they are expensive for the fact that they are one-use item, but they are a pleasant and enjoyable thing and are cheaper than going to the spa (or even a fancy bar drink) and hot baths are often how I relax at the end of the week, so.

I also think the Augusta cardigan has leapt ahead in the queue (unless I start both it and Heliopath....)because I found the PERFECT buttons for it at the JoAnn's - some of those vintage-reproduction ones that La Mode does. (I will photograph the yarn and buttons, and maybe the swatch if I do it tonight....but soon I need to do more piano practice).

I also bought this at the Books a Million:





Yes, Hasbro has licensed some of the G1 characters to be made in Blindbox form. They were expensive - $14 (I get 10% off though) so I only bought one, but you're going to get to see me unbox it. I don't know which one it is yet. I hope it's a good one.

The boxes are hard to open - glued tight shut and also taped shut. I suppose they don't want people "peeking" and also maybe these are easy for people to shoplift. (I think the guy had to deactivate a theft control thing when he rang it up for me).

There is a foil bag in there just like the Funko blind bags have.

It feels like there's also a collector card or something in there too.

So, here goes...

OH MY GOSH GUYS SHE'S JOINTED, HER LEGS MOVE AND HER TAIL CAN SWISH

ASDFJKL: I LOVE THIS LINE AND NOW WISH I'D BOUGHT A SECOND ONE

It's Applejack! Who in G1 was a very "silly" and also clumsy pony. And yes, there's a little collector card with her description: "Applejack is a clumsy Earth Pony who loves apples! Even though she's clumsy, she can always rely on her friends to help her. Her cutie mark is seven apples."

I don't have a G1 Applejack so I can put her with the other G1s I have...even though she's more the size of the baby ponies than the grown ones.

But yeah - I might actually, as a young teen, have bought some of these if they had been more like this - I loved toys with movable poseable legs.











No comments: