Thursday, March 30, 2017

recently from Amazon

Well, poo. My latest Amazon order, which came today, one item was apparently delayed.

It was another piano book of Phillip Keveren arrangements - this one "ear candy" songs (like "Sugar Sugar")

I bought it because it said it had an arrangement of "All About that Base" in it and the idea of being able to play that amuses me deeply.

(Wondering if the lyrics are in there, and if so, expecting they will be "radio edit" - Keveren is known for his arrangements of hymns, so)

Also, I bought the next Louise Penny book in order ("The Cruelest Month") because I do now want to read these in chronological order. (I've read 1, 2, 4, and 5 so after this it is 6, which I think I already have - "Bury your Dead," maybe?)

But also, it was one of those "whoops, I did it again*" orders

(*Hm, I wonder if that will be in my new music book. Though I don't find that nearly as catchy a song as, say, "Shake it Off," which, yes, I really really hope is in there. I have a deep and abiding love for "Shake it Off" and it would have been a song my 12 year old self could have used - "Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play/ And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate/ Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake.")

But, say hi to "Mochi":





He is a super cute cat that was the cheaper "replacement" for my wanting a stuffed Kerberos (from Cardcaptor Sakura) but not being able to justify the $60 or whatever a Kerberos cost.

Mochi is a pink cat and very much in the kawaii aesthetic that I have come to love so much recently. (He's also super soft).

I dunno. Sometimes I just need something that is simple and cute and soft.

Also, I have lipstick on in that photo - the bright red one that the women at church comment over, that it "lights up" my face and makes a big difference. I kind of laugh over it because isn't the bad old trope about the dowdy librarian who lets down her bun and takes off her glasses and puts on lipstick and is suddenly hot? And while I am NOT ditching my glasses (I like being able to see) and really, being "hot" is not a goal of mine (Being "hot" is probably fine when you are a 22 year old college girl, but for a 48 year old professional woman, it is not so good), I do think "not fading totally into the background" is probably desirable.

It's funny how much I've come to like myself with the bright lipstick on (this is Clinique's matte pop in "Peppermint Pop" - I also have Graffiti Pop which is a little pinker and not quite so bright, and so goes better with some outfits). The first few times I wore it I thought it looked costumey or "too much" but I don't think so so much any more. 


(Tomorrow is Science Fair Day so I don't know that I'll be posting. IF I get done with everything early enough, am not exhausted, and the weather's OK, I might do my Sherman grocery run tomorrow night instead of doing it Saturday morning....)

No comments: