Tuesday, January 17, 2017

For future reference

For me as much for you.

To make four, 9x13 pans of spaghetti (one meat free, three with meat), you will want:

4 lbs spaghetti or perhaps a bit less
6, 28 ounce cans of tomatoes and maybe a bit more (threw a spare can of veggie pizza sauce on the veggie pan).
3 lbs ground beef - 1 lb. per meaty pan
probably would do better with three cans of tomato paste rather than just one, or even four cans
maybe add a little water to the sauce
three packs of shredded cheese for the tops

More sauce than I expected was needed, less spaghetti.

Also I need a new stockpot, this one is pants. It's too thin on the bottom and some of the spaghetti stuck and burned. Luckily I had too much anyway.

With beef the sauce goes further - I used 1/3 of the sauce on the veggie pan and didn't feel like I had enough, when I mixed the remaining 2/3 of the sauce with the cooked beef it stretched to fill three pans.

And yeah. I'm tired and my kitchen looks like a crime scene. Nothing went wrong, I am just a REALLY messy cook (which is why I prefer to do all the prep here, where I can clean at my leisure, rather than down at church where I'd have to clean everything to church-lady standards right away)

Now I have to go buy the salad.

1 comment:

purlewe said...

YAY! glad it worked!