Monday, July 25, 2016

Because Kim did

I don't generally do the "Quora" things that Kim in Oregon usually does and links to, but this week's one appealed to me. And also because I am typing a final and keep wanting to procrastinate on it.


*You are getting yarn in the mail today as a gift.

I tend to prefer finer weight yarns (like Kim), but anything pretty and where there's enough to make a decent-sized project (or at least what I want).

*You are knitting poolside. 
What are you ordering from the cabana boy?

L'eau minerale - ideally one of the sparkling kind. Because it's not sugary and because hopefully my French pronunciation will impress him. (I once had a guy in my soils class ask me to say "Pouvoir Hydrogène" a second time after I talked about how it was the origin of the term pH)

I rarely drink soft drinks but I like those sparkling waters that have a little bit of lemon oil or something in them.

*You are asked to give a 5 minute presentation about any aspect of knitting at all. What is your topic?

Wow, I don't know if I could limit it to five minutes. Maybe a short outline of "what sock patterns will work with patterning yarns"?

*You can ask for a knitter to finish any of your WIP
Which one is it ? 


Getting someone to do the second sleeve on Hagrid. I REALLY need to cast on and "just do it" but I find myself unmotivated to at the moment

*You take good care of your hands. 
Are you nails short or long?


Short, because I do a lot of labwork and long nails don't mix well with soils and solvents (nor does a manicure, so I don't wear polish on my nails. I do on my toes and I really need to remove what's on there now and refresh it....maybe this evening)

No comments: