Saturday, June 25, 2016

Funny cat video

en Français, mais c'est amusant parce que il est en Français.  (To me at least)

There are English subtitles. One slightly rough word in there (I think the French idiom is different but means roughly the same)



Ouvre-moi la porte, hoooooomain!

I shared this with a colleague who is learning French (long story but his daughter married a Frenchman and he wants to be able to converse with his son-in-law's family). He appreciated it.

(I also note that the cat "tutoyes" his human - in French, they have a formal you (vous) and an informal you (tu) and typically one would vovoyer (use the vous form) with someone "superior" to you, and "tu" with an equal or subordinate. Hm. I am assuming, from what I know about the ways of cats, he is using it as a superior would to an inferior).

Actually "Parole du Chat" is an entire channel - I will have to watch the other videos. ("Les Gros Mots" is swear words, in case you either want to avoid that one or watch it particularly)

1 comment:

CGHill said...

Cats acknowledge no superiors, so Grammatical Cat is grammatical.