Wednesday, May 18, 2016

A smiling song

I knew this one from a Sammy Davis, Jr. boxset I had, and also it was used (at least the chorus was) at the very end of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" (when the Toons get their happy ending, after all)

So I admit, when I heard about Pinkie Pie singing a song called "Smile, Smile, Smile," I pictured it as being like this:



It actually took me a while to warm up to the more folky/pop style of Pinkie's song. But I did; I like it now:



And also, her song is more about being a friend to others and trying to cheer them up, than just exhorting them to smile.

She can also sing it in French (and despite my allegedly speaking French, I get something like less than half of this, I suppose it's the music and the slight accent)




There's also a very-imitative-of-old-Mickey-Mouse (though with "Foxy" and "Roxy") cartoon of Smile, Darn Ya, Smile:


3 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

Linkable!

Roger Owen Green said...

Check out this!

Roger Owen Green said...

Hope you saw this: http://www.rogerogreen.com/2016/06/04/music-throwback-saturday-smile-darn-ya-smile/