Friday, April 29, 2016

Heh. Star Wars.

I saw this on Twitter and I laughed, and then retweeted it with, "Or My Little Ponies, whatever"



Not that I was EVER tempted to even try drugs as a kid/teen....but yeah, early on I spent my money on toys, then on cassette tapes of music, and still later, on my doll collection. (And I also wonder if my parents' decision to give me a VERY small allowance had the unintended effect of my never getting involved in troublesome behaviors....)

Now, as an adult, most of my budget goes to keeping myself alive and healthy (food, prescription medications, etc.) and my discretionary funds (and if you've been reading here, I've backed off a good bit from the NO SPENDING ON FUN mode that I went into with the furlough days - I'm still being very careful but am finding I'm doing okay and the cut wasn't as deep as feared)....and yeah, some of that went to MLP stuff.

And yeah, I can see some folks equating wanting to buy Star Wars stuff (or My Little Pony stuff, whatever) with being an addiction similar to that to drugs....but at least I am never unable to do my job effectively because I just received a G1 pony in the mail.

****

Somehow I got recruited by the Nielsen people to do one of those tv diaries. And yes, I am being honest in what I watch. It will give them something to think about - local or local-ish news, medical shows, and then cartoons like My Little Pony or We Bare Bears. (And who knows.....maybe my input helps keep some of the shows I like from being replaced by stuff I dislike)

But it is sort of annoying to keep the diary; it's sort of like those diet plans where they tell you to write down everything you eat. (And does it count if you have the news on so you can hear the weather but otherwise mostly ignore it?)

***

I am tentatively hopeful that the roof-repair I did last week helped. We've had some rain - not driving, violent rain like what had seeped in before - but still, rain, and there's no water getting into the room. (Also, I suppose this means I periodically need to plan on going up there and brushing the accumulated debris off the roof; I am sure that helped. If I had a better ladder AND someone to hold it for me I'd do the same on the front roof, but it would take a longer ladder than what I have, and, as I said, someone to steady it for me.

No comments: