Wednesday, March 30, 2016

heck yeah, pony

*Over at Heck Yeah, Pony Scans, she has scanned a comic that details Star Hopper's "origin story".

I admit I prefer my headcanon (that's she's a space alien pony but from a planet remarkably similar to the Pony Planet, so she feels at home there).

Also, she's shown with white hair and tail which they say is the mail-order version - the "store" version, which is the one I bought, has the yellow hair. (I kind of wish they still did the mail order "pony points" programs. A lot of toys in the 80s did something like that; I'm pretty sure Strawberry Shortcake did).


* Have been working more on the mystery project (which is not a pony, but it is a cute stuffie). Will probably work more on him tonight.

* After that's done, Cheerilee is going to be the next pony up in my order-of-making. And when she's done, I can use her hair scraps for hair on a G4-ized Minty (off the same old pony pattern I always use). I think Minty will get striped socks, too. (As a separate, knitted, item - it's too much of a pain to do striped crochet and also I like the idea of socks that would take on and off. Or maybe I just use some of the socks I bought for sock-animals I never made, cut them down and seam them....)

* I am also telling myself I do NOT need to mod the Dr. Whooves pattern, I do NOT need to buy a couple shades of orange acrylic yarn, and I do NOT need a Sunburst. I may change my mind on that though. Because I can totally see how I would mod the pattern, even to get his half-and-half color legs.....

* Planned for this weekend: to get some picture hangers and hang up my Pony House that I bought over my birthday weekend, and fill it with tiny ponies. Probably mostly glitter ponies because I like them but they don't match the main Ponyville ponies I have, so I don't have them in my Ponyville.

* The graduation times have been posted. My school goes at 2 pm. Which means if there's a new Pony episode that day (May 7), I won't miss it. That pleases me.



No comments: