Friday, February 19, 2016

Heh, in passing.

A colleague the other day was reminiscing about how I was the ONLY interviewee for my gig. (We do things differently now, because of some changes in how EEOC and such operates). Anyway, apparently, reading between the lines here, I was brought in and the attitude was, "We'll only go to the next name on the list if she refuses."

Not that I was so super-duper outstandingly great, it was that I could teach 80% of the fairly-broad-range of classes they were looking for someone to teach (I could not do Range Management; my experience is too Eastern).

And I realized today: Does this mean I can say "I have a very particular set of skills"?

(And I don't care. I'm going to think it anyway, even if I couldn't QUITE cop to it.)

Edited to add: OMB. OMB. I am going to think of that as the "theme" for my post-tenure review packet: "I have a very particular set of skills" and I am going EMPHASIZE that: that I teach stuff no one else can, that I do service no one else does. Makes me feel better about the whole thing.

No comments: