Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Tuesday afternoon procrastiblogging

* I think in my January appointment I am going to ask my doctor if I can try reducing my beta blocker dose. My blood pressure has averaged around 120/70 this past couple weeks and these past few days, I've just hit a wall midafternoon. Yesterday I went home and laid down for fifteen minutes before doing anything because I was so TIRED. I'm tired again today but I need to stop procrastinating and spend at least a little time reading chapters.

* Got out to the field site. Peaceful, just fine, nothing ruined from the flooding, little effect of flooding I can see. So I'm good for tomorrow. I did wear a blaze yellow vest just in case but apparently it IS bow season. (I am going to wear it again tomorrow, but so the students have an easy time spotting me if they need to call me over for help.)

* Provided one place (The "Az-Tex Hat Company") comes through and actually processes my order, all my Christmas shopping is done. (I'm sorry.) Yeah, I really prefer NOT trying to brave the malls when everyone and their brother is out, and you have people who are (a) trying to lay hands on whatever THE hot toy is for this Christmas, (b) trying to complete ALL their shopping in one, 20-minute session, or (c) trying to find something that will impress Aunt Violet enough that she will keep you in the will, but that will not cost you much money because you are the "poor relation" and you also hate Aunt Violet. (NB: I do not have an Aunt Violet. Am making recourse to the Inspector Alleyn mystery I am currently reading)

* I realized, after re-watching (love the online streaming and hope Hasbro realizes it probably only keeps demand for their product high) the most recent Pony episode that I had a Gund bear that looked not that much unlike Harry the Bear - and who had been languishing with an unoriginal, unmeaningful name. Said bear has been rechristened Harry.

*Am already thinking about what kind of ridiculous and self-indulgent thing I will blow my next round of textbook-evaluation money on. I might by one of the Moominhouse dollhouse toys that is on the Moomin website. (Then again, they ALSO have a toy of the Osean Oxtra - Moominpappa's boat - that is pretty wonderful and is a few dollars less than Moominhouse....)

* Also, it's probably good for my parents that I am not currently eight years old because if I were, this is the thing I would be begging and pleading for for Christmas. (I don't know if I would have wanted one when I was actually eight, back around 1976 or so. My tastes and interests have changed). And I will note that I'd probably really rather have just a nice soft stuffed toy that doesn't DO anything (and would have preferred that as a small kid) rather than something that takes batteries and can break. But dang, the ads for it make it look awfully, awfully cute.

No comments: