Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Lonely book pony...

Here are the photos of Moondancer.

(Interesting observation: nearly ALL the Ponies have three-syllable names. The four-syllable name ones tend to be princesses. I suppose we could have guessed Twilight Sparkle would eventually ascend, seeing as Celestia and Princess Luna and Princess Cadence. But the rest of the Mane 6 - all three syllable. The CMC - three syllable. Many, many of the named background ponies - three syllable.

Huh. Big Macintosh is four. Well, he was a "princess" of sorts, for a few moments, in the Epic Pony Dream)

Anyway.

bookpony

Book ponies are best ponies. (And any pony can be a book pony - we saw Rainbow Dash be one in one episode, Fluttershy has books in her blanket fort)

A close up of her hair. I'm pretty proud of how it came out. The fuzzy thing I used on the pony tail holder is actually a "warm fuzzy" - someone who did a talk at my parents' church the last time I was up for a visit did a message on "warm fuzzies" vs. "cold pricklies" (which is totally a 70s thing. I remember it from when I was a kid) and then when we went up for communion, they had baskets of these "warm fuzzies" if you wanted one.

moondancer hair

And a close up of her face, you can see I decided to make her smiling.

moondancer face

And her sweater (made from socks, repurposed) and "cutie mark" (I still kind of dislike that term)

cutie mark


For now, I need to get back to the gift-cowl and finish it. I do think my next pony will be the "made up character" (I like that term better than OC) called Frost Flower - a white unicorn filly with a white and pale blue mane. Her special talent is frosting windowpanes in the winter....

3 comments:

CGHill said...

And of course, there was Celestia's previous Faithful Student, Sunset Shimmer. (I await further backstory on Starlight Glimmer.)

Kucki68 said...

Turned out really great!

And once you are done with Frost Flower, can you please have her sneak up to my place? I need a bit of cold, it is still much too warm in the south of Germany. No one is in the mood for Glühwein yet.

purlewe said...

I really love the look of this pony. You did a fabulous job!