Sunday, October 04, 2015

The newest quilt

I've had this one done for over a week but it seemed like I could never get out to photograph it before today.

This one is made from a "jelly roll." The fabrics might be as much as 10 years old, I know I've had the quilt top in my stack of tops-to-be-quilted for a long time:

Texas wildflowers quilt

It's one of Moda's lines; they seem to do a lot with Texas wildflowers (they are a Texas based company, even if the fabrics are made elsewhere). The borders are another one of theirs, I think.

I had had the quilt top for a long time, and had got a backing for it even, but then I saw the fabric I wound up using at JoAnn's and decided that it HAD to be the backing instead:

backing close up

I really enjoy those vintage-style "travel" prints, so I decided to buy it despite having backing on hand.

The backing was a bandanna print in red; I used it for the binding but of course have a lot left over. (Maybe someday I will do a red-and-white quilt).

You can see the bandanna print binding in this close-up:

texas quilt close up

I had it quilted in a star pattern - for Lone Star State - and I'm happy with how it came out.

Now I need to get the fairy-tale-themed quilt binding sewn down...

1 comment:

purlewe said...

I love it! It looks wonderful.