Friday, October 09, 2015

more good things

* My brother tells me that my niece really likes the magnetic fishing game I sent her for her birthday.

* Hugely relieved to hear that a nice man I know from church - a retired dentist - who has been having issues with fluid around the lungs does NOT have cancer. They are still trying to figure out the problem but it sounds like it's something a lot more fixable than lung cancer is. And he's put back on some of the shocking amount of weight he lost. (He was a little too thin to begin with)

* I think my teeth are FINALLY better, almost a year after I got what was probably a fungal sinus infection that drove them crazy and made them hurt to the point where I was on soft foods only for a long time. I still don't like crunchy things (I think something has changed in my sinuses; loud sounds around my teeth seem *louder* than they once did) but at least I don't have that feeling of "I'm gonna crack a front tooth"

* Next week is a Grand Day Out. (part of the reason I pushed to get the air compressor was so my tires would be happy for the long trip to Longview). I have money set aside though not any projects really planned, but I know roughly how much yarn I need of different weights for sweaters, vests, shawls, and other accessories for me....so I'll see if anything inspires me when I get there.

* I dug out the Noro vest I was working on. I am almost done with the first front strap (it's a v-necked vest) and so I might get it done this weekend in between doing the revisions (yeah!) on my accepted paper.

It will probably be too hot on Friday of next week to wear it. There's a tradition among Rhinebeck-goers to make a "Rhinebeck sweater" to wear there - I admit I kind of wanted to have "My Own Private Rhinebeck" sweater - because the yarn shop in Longview is as close as I'll get to Rhinebeck, probably ever. (I guess there is also the BPAFF in Sherman on Saturday. If I haven't spent an insane amount of money in Longview I might go to that also).

* Reading over the suggested revisions and reviewer comments: the reviewer REALLY liked my paper. I guess my rather obsessive rewriting on this one served me well. The revisions are pretty minor and are mostly stylistic. It makes me happy to see that I did an objectively good job on this.

No comments: