Monday, October 19, 2015

Life is good

* This past four day weekend was just so great. It was the break I needed - I have a clean house now, I got to see someone I care about, I got to acquire yarn, I did a goodly chunk of Christmas shopping, I finished a sweater, I got the binding sewn down on a quilt....I got caught up on my sleep.

* And then today I submitted my revised manuscript and got this note back:

"I am pleased to inform you that your manuscript has been accepted for publication in the 2015 issue of POAS."

 I don't have to mess with it any more until November when the proofs come out. I was actually a lot more stoked when this one got accepted than when the last one did; that may have been the bitter disappointment over the previous rejection (and slightly nasty Reviewer 3 comments) on that previous manuscript. This one, I didn't aim as high, journal-wise (then again, it's a specialized regional study, so this is probably the most logical journal for it) and I got it in easily, the revisions weren't even very big. And also, as I said, I questioned whether the data showed enough in the way of big patterns, but apparently they did.


* Last night I started the Moondancer stuffie. She's going to be more complex because she has a sweater (I bought a pair of inexpensive charcoal-colored socks at the Target to repurpose into that) and glasses (black pipe cleaners. They won't actually have "glass" in them but oh well). 

I also found - through KnitPicks - a yarn that's close enough in color to "light magenta" that I think it will be acceptable for Diamond Tiara. So that's been ordered, along with yarn that I think will make a nice cowl for my AAUW gift....I am going to test out the pattern I want to use on the green yarn I bought for myself. 

* I'm ahead on stuff for this week; I typed up my exam for Thursday this morning and once I can finish just a little bit of grading I'm going to head home but also maybe swing by the card store because there's someone I know who needs a little bit of a care package so I am putting one together for them. (What goes around comes around: I got one last week.)

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Sounds like a most satisfactory weekend.

Charlotte