Tuesday, September 08, 2015

THREE sockyarn sweaters

I must not genuinely be troubled, because I came home at lunch and dug around a bit and found three sets of sockyarn bought for sweaters (it is truly embarrassing how much yarn I have ahead) and now they all appeal to me so I can't quite decide:

Gable is the one I first thought of, it's a simple, all-one-color sweater with a neat little ribbing detail. I have Hawthorne Kettle-Dye in Compass for this.

The second one is Starbuck, which I admit appeals to me (even though the link is supposedly to BSG) because of the name and the fact that I'm reading Moby-Dick right now. (And I wonder: is Starbuck in BSG named after the original Starbuck? I never really watched BSG, except for the original series when I was a kid, and didn't know about Moby-Dick back then, and don't remember Starbuck as being particularly Starbuck-y, in a Moby-Dick sense).  For this one I have an off white and pale blue Cascade yarn - the off white will be the main color.

The final one is Elsa. The pattern was a birthday gift and the yarn was bought with birthday money. I'm going to use a dark reddish brown Shibui (the recommended yarn) for the main body, and a goldish color for the bees.

So it's hard to pick. I am pretty sure I have the right needle on hand for any of these. I dug out the yarn for each and put it aside - if nothing else, I am going to tuck the yarn I don't use away in bags with the pattern so I'm not searching for them in the future.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Well... if I got a vote I would vote for Elsa.

For some reason I have been thinking I want to make a mostly white dress with blue trim. I did have a white dress with blue trim when I was a teenager (What I have in mind now would be different, not a copy) but as an adult I have become "afraid" of white, I guess because now I'm the one who has to take care of it and try to keep it white. So, it's probably just an idea that will never happen.