Tuesday, September 29, 2015

She hugs trees

I finished Treehugger tonight. (I'm glad I didn't push last night to do the face, getting the eyes right is challenging on this one)

Treehugger

I do think she maybe came out looking a little younger or more "fillyish" than how she was depicted on the show but I am okay with that.

I did make one tiny addition to her - a little tree necklace:

necklace


It's a charm from JoAnn's strung on hemp cord. Because of course a hippie pony would wear a hemp cord necklace.

Though I admit I've quickly headcanoned her into being the back-to-the-lander, all-natural, healthy-living type of hippie (I think the headscarf does it) rather than the, ahem, "chemically altered" type of hippie:

Back to the lander pony


The idea to make Treehugger originated less, I admit, with a deep and abiding love of the character, but with the realization that I wanted to try making i-cord "dreadlocks" for her:

Treehugger lying down

And of course, continue it onto the tail:

Treehugger butt

I'm pretty happy with how she turned out.

1 comment:

purlewe said...

She looks lovely!

I know you mentioned it before, but how do you do the eyes?? I am curious since I might haev some eyes to make up this yr for the holiday prezzies.

Thanks!