Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Feeling some better

I can figure out how to rebudget. It's just, there's going to be a little pain in doing it.

Also, I feel better now: I made chili for dinner (I make *very good* chili, if I do say so myself. It is NOT hot - I don't like hot things - but it tastes good, mainly flavored with garlic, cumin, and Penzey's chili powder, which is tasty without being burn-your-tastebuds off. And yeah, I put both beans and tomatoes - both sauce and paste*- in my chili, which is not Texas style but I don't care, it's good)

(*Tomato paste makes many savory dishes even better. It is a source of the so-called "Umami" flavor, which is a savory flavor that many proteinaceous things and also cooked mushrooms have)

I really am finding that nine times out of ten, I can make food better (and cheaper, and healthier) at home than I can get at a restaurant. I make rare exceptions for things like true smoked barbecue, which is nearly impossible to make at home without a special appliance.

Also stupid YouTube videos help, like this one



I openly admit to having an extremely unsophisticated sense of humor. Put funny sound effects on something and I will probably laugh. (Also, the Yakety Sax music makes most things funnier.)

I also want to redo my pedicure tonight. I stripped off the pink glitter polish (and ugh, glitter is a pain to remove). I'm going to go with something a bit more traditional - I have not decided yet whether to do "Cherries in the Snow" (a long-time Revlon color, sort of vintagey) or "Wrapped in Rubies" (A dark, almost metallic burgundy-red).

No comments: