Tuesday, August 11, 2015

With minimal comment:



My father was a department chair for MANY years. (something like 10 at his first university; close to 20 at his second - the one he retired from). He had this little sign - a faded photocopy, from the pre-internet days when funny things like this passed from hand to hand as photocopies, or later, were faxed from person to person. It was up on the bulletin board in his offices - I remember it best from the Schroeder Hall office at his second university but I think he had it longer than that.

I always thought it was funny, but then, my sense of humor is very like his, and also, I have, if anything, a greater sense of outrage at feeling my time is being wasted.

But anyway - it may be a day or two before there's more free ice cream on here. Because meetings.

No comments: