Sunday, July 12, 2015

One more quilt

Got this one done last week and never posted on it:

(Edited to add: sorry if the text isn't lined up right. In a fit of frustration with Flickr's new "Here let's put an ad for Flickr that takes forever to load and is almost as big as the picture it's attached to" I downloaded all the pix to my hard drive - which took far longer than it should - and uploaded them using Bloggers uploader)





















Aneela Hooey's "A Walk in the Woods" fabrics done with a pattern from either McCall's or Better Homes and Gardens' quilt magazine that was called "Skinny Dipping." (The idea was, it was designed for 2 1/2" strips).

It's a challenge with a pre-cut packet, where some of the fabrics are very strongly colored and others are very pale, to space the fabrics out well.























I like some of the "cute" fabrics in this line, it's just, in precuts, they get cut up into small pieces. It's kind of hard to see the Little Red Riding Hoods:
























You can also see the flower pattern I had it quilted in there; I just had them use white thread because there's so much white on the front of the quilt.

For the back, when Fat Quarter Shop (where I get a lot of these pre-cuts) was closing out the line, I got enough of the fox- print (I suppose it could be the Big Bad Wolf but it's kind of small and looks more like a fox) to be the backing:





 Augh, so now is Flickr going to decide to put a goofy "header" on all the photos I post. Let me try another way and see if it works. Dumb Flickr.

Edited to add: Okay, I saved the photos to my OWN hard drive, which took far more effort than it should given that they are MY photos that **I** took and Flickr doesn't REALLY own them. (I hope.)


I'm SURE they are doing this for "advertising reasons" but wow, way to tick off the few people who still use you and have blogs, Flickr. I'm gonna see if there's some way to take the headers OFF but I couldn't see it quickly. MAYBE I JUST STOP USING FLICKR. Glad I'm not paying for it any more. (I wonder if paying for a "pro" membership again would allow me to get rid of the headers....)
So from now on I guess I save everything to the hard drive first,post it here, then post it to Flickr. DUMB DUMB DUMB  DUMB Flickr.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/vCrQKH][img]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/332/19446781935_33975619ed_z.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/vCrQKH]LRR backing[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/fillyjonk/]FillyjonkKnitter[/url], on Flickr




ARGH. What's the point in having a Flickr page if they're gonna do this? I might as well just upload them to my hard drive and post them from there. 

No comments: