Monday, April 20, 2015

New quilt top

I cut all the blocks for the Far Far Away quilt yesterday.

And I laid out the quilt. This is a step that sometimes takes me a while because it's kind of an arduous step. I don't have a design wall and don't have space for one, so instead I clear a floor space and crawl around on the floor. I *just* have space in my living room to do a twin-sized top.

Then, of course, I have to pick up all the pieces, stack them, pin them, and identify which row each is.

I did start sewing the blocks together last night but didn't get very far.

I have another top - this is one using sweets-themed fabrics from a Connecting Threads connection that has been sitting in block-form for well over a year because the thought of laying it out seemed to be too much whenever I thought of it.


I know some people have folding design walls (pieces of fiberboard with flannel on them - the blocks "stick" to the flannel so you can lay out the quilt on a vertical surface) but I don't know where I'd store it or even stand it up to use it.

No comments: