Monday, March 02, 2015

this struck me

William Shatner opened up his Twitter feed for people to ask him questions about Leonard Nimoy, or about their friendship, their time on Star Trek. Here's one:

: What life lessons did you learn from each other? ” I learned to be more serious I think he learned to be less.

(Sorry, I don't know how to copy the image of a Tweet and post it here. I know it's possible, I just couldn't quickly figure out how).

But I think that's a definition of a good friendship - you each teach each other the good things you know how to be. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

(And I kind of wish I had a friend who could help me be less serious, sometimes....)

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I often wish that being serious wasn't always considered a bad thing. You are not too serious. Evidence: Ponies. :-)