Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Yes, I'm tired.

So, my little humidity-meter was reading in the low 20-percents when I got home - not good for the piano, probably not good for my sinuses - so I filled up and turned on the new little humidifier I bought during the whole respiratory-virus ordeal back in October (I really think it took me until now to totally get over it....my teeth hurt for a LONG time, and my hearing was freakishly sensitive for a long time)

It's one of those that boils the water ("warm vapor"), which I figured was marginally more hygienic. It makes a faint gurgling noise.

Well, I was in here working away and the heat (briefly) turned off....and I heard this sound. Sort of a regular, quiet sound. Almost like a....chewing.... sound.

"Oh, no" I thought, "Is there a mouse somewhere after all?" (When I had one a couple years ago, I found out, because it would sit under the shelving unit that is my "pantry" and nibble on stuff, and I could hear the nibbling).

So I got up to try to echolocate the sound.

And then I realized....it was coming from the humidifier. Which I had forgotten I turned on.

Yeah, I think I need to wash my hair and change the sheets on the bed and turn in early tonight.

No comments: