Saturday, November 22, 2014

Some pony silliness

There's a lot of fan-made pony stuff out there. I tend to avoid the more "dark" or "adult themed type stuff (And yes, the internet being what it is, there is "adult themed" type pony stuff, and I'm not talking "adult themes" like buying life insurance or doing your taxes).

But there's also a lot of innocent stuff. That I like.

And there's just some plain old headscratchingly silly stuff.

An earlier version of this (same song, different animation) made the rounds as "Princess Celestia Being Deep" (and I admit, because of that, if I were ever to cosplay as Princess Celestia? I'd glue my Celestia little figurine to my crown).

But there's a new version, and it actually has a sort of storyline to it. (You have to watch to the very end. You have to. I actually laughed out loud at the ending.)




It occurs to me that if you aren't steeped in the mythos of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, this makes even less sense. In short, Equestria was ruled by a pair of sisters, Celestia (who raises the sun in the morning - she is the white pony) and Luna (who raises the moon, the dark blue pony). Luna gets rather uppity at some point, so Celestia banishes her to the moon. But Luna becomes Nightmare Moon (Or perhaps she did before banishment; it's been a while since I saw the first episode). She then manages to return to Equestria where she kidnaps her sister.

Before the kidnapping, Celestia sends Twilight Sparkle, her star pupil, and Twilight's dragon assistant Spike, to Ponyville so that Twilight can learn about friendship. Which she does. And it turns out it's with the help of her newfound friends that they defeat Nightmare Moon, turning her back to Luna, and rescuing Celestia. (And this being a show about love and friendship, Luna and Celestia reconcile and actually Luna is now a pretty sympathetic character on the show).

Oh, and Pinkie Pie has a party cannon.






(Flufflepuff does not exist in the show itself; she's a fan-made creation that has kind of taken on a life of her own. I even made myself a stuffed Flufflepuff. Because I could.)

No comments: