Friday, October 31, 2014

The Halloween costume

A few quick photos before breakfast.

The outfit came out a little more "Gothic Lolita" than I anticipated, but I'm okay with that. ("Gothic Lolita" is a style affected by some Japanese young women, or fans of anime/manga. It's essentially black and white, some frills, usually a shortish skirt. My look is less revealing than some....)

side

You can see the spiderweb lace, that's what inspired the whole thing.

outfit

A better photo of the overall outfit. I like that it's fairly simply but still Halloweeny.

close up

The trickiest part was getting the spiders into my hair. I finally added a couple hairpins holding the legs in addition to having them wired onto side combs. They're a little heavy.

MVC-024S

I also took the extra two spiders and sewed one onto the little bag I carry my keys and thumb drive (and today, a lipstick - I decided to wear lipstick today) in. And I sewed one close to the hem of the skirt:

skirt spider

Now I'm glad I did this. I was a little "meh" about the idea yesterday (but then I was kind of "meh" about everything yesterday) but now I'm glad I made the effort.

4 comments:

purlewe said...

LOOKS FANTASTIC!

CGHill said...

Hawtness unlocked.

Joan said...

I was thinking more "Pre-Raphaelite" myself.

Nicole said...

Looks great!