Friday, October 03, 2014

It's Friday again

* Yesterday was one of those days I don't like, just because of schedule: I gave an exam in both my classes (two sections of the same class) and then pretty much did little else but grade it (roughly 65 exams). Then I taught my afternoon class. Then it was AAUW meeting.

* At least the exams are graded so I don't have that hanging over me to do. (But I have another one to write this weekend, and some research stuff to do).

* Apparently we were lucky in terms of the storms. Dallas got hit really badly and a lot of people are without power. We just got about a half hour of extremely heavy rain and some lightning. I was worried about hail because my car was "out" (not garaged) during the storm, but we didn't get any hail.

* I did also get my flu shot, so that's done. Just the basic one (I guess they don't do quadrivalent for younger people) but my arm is still a little sore.

*I have the Queen Chrysalis standing on my coffee table; she is looking reproachfully (Well, as much as she can, without eyes) at me. I want to get back to working on her but I have a lot of other things to do.

No comments: