Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The three Hs

Hot (supposed to be around 100 today without the heat index), Humid (the dewpoint is currently 70, and will probably go up a degree or two by sunrise), High pressure (30.01 inches).

I hurt. That's probably partly where the "soreness" yesterday came from - my bursitis is reminding me it exists this morning. Not enough to make me cut out the workout (and paradoxically, working out usually helps a bit).

Also, something is setting off my allergies. I guess ragweed season has started. (Here's hoping for an early frost. Probably impossible, but still, I hope).

This is our typical summer weather that we mostly missed out on this year. And yeah, perhaps that's partly why I can hear the vague snufflings of a black dog somewhere behind me, and I think of educators past who seemed so much happier (or at least more outwardly happy) in their lives than I am...

Other than that, I don't have much. I'm still working on the vest back, which is taking a long time, seeing as it's sportweight yarn. (And I'm already starting to worry if I will have enough, despite having bought slightly more yardage than what it claims my size takes.)

I hope I can get done early this afternoon; I have piano lesson at 5 and I need to tidy the house up more. I did some on Sunday afternoon but kind of burned out on energy.

No comments: