Thursday, August 14, 2014

Little finished thing

One thing I did finish over break was a pair of Hermione's Everyday Socks, from the pattern by Erica Lueder. I used a Phydeaux yarn for these, the colorway is called "Corazon"

finshed everyday socks

You can also see that my chair reclines in that shot. It's very comfortable reclined and is a nice place to sit and knit or read.

Here's a close up showing the stitch detail. It's just a "dotted purl" pattern but it works up nicely and works fairly well with busy variegated yarns:

close up of everyday sock

One of the other reasons I like this pattern is the author's description of it and the character the socks were designed for: "While she can dress up with the best of them, these socks remind me of something [Hermione] might wear while practicing charms or transfiguration or reading up on Arithromancy in the Gryffindor Common Room." That makes me smile because I can picture it. 

The pattern (non-ravelry link for those not on Rav) is here.


No comments: