Wednesday, July 23, 2014

In a week

One more week. One more week, and then I'm on break. (Well, break for a week. Not much of a break, but whatever). I can do this.

I think part of my summer distress is that every single day seems so long because there's so much packed into it. I realized it was only a week yesterday since I got the notice about the brush; it seemed like it had been far longer.

I give an exam today and do a review in the other class. I have to grade the exam and then do the last couple soil samples. And tomorrow I give and grade finals and total up grades. So this is kind of like the end of April or the end of November, which are also times I get stressed out.

And it doesn't help to have logistic stuff layered on top of that.

I think I'm going to take at least one solid day this weekend and only do things I WANT to do. Which will probably be staying home and knitting, because I feel kind of skint right now (I am not, literally, in a bad way financially; that's why I have a savings account) but I feel like I shouldn't be spending money frivolously. But also it's going to be Death Hot out - they're calling for heat indexes close to 110. (This morning our dewpoint was 75, which should be against the law.) It's especially painful because it was SO NICE last weekend, I really hoped it would stay.

And the heat and humidity, despite my air conditioned house, has affected my sleep negatively. No Kafkaesque nightmares, but had a dream where a (platonic) male friend of mine (who doesn't exist in the real world) and I were traveling to Europe via cargo freighter, and it was going to take two months, and I was running around trying to gather up enough clothing, books, and knitting projects for two months of enforced downtime. And I had less than a half hour in which to do it. And another one about trying to bail out a flooded basement. And I'm awake a lot at night.

No comments: