Monday, February 17, 2014

Finally: finished top

I finally finished the top I've been working on since something like October. Part of the slowness was that I took time off to work on other things. Also, this was a pattern that took lots of pre-sewing and pre-work before it actually began to look like a top - lots of strips to cut, lots of strip sets to sew and then re-cut before the top could actually be pieced.

But here it is:



(It's hung sideways, as usual, to avoid it dragging on the ground)

The colors are a little different from what I normally use - green, blue, orange, and grey. The fabric line is called Architextures (it was a Kaufman line; I think I bought this on the McKinney trip on or around my birthday last year).



Here's a close-up:



I'm not sure what I'm going to back it with (this is going to be one I send out to be machine quilted; I want it done with tight stipples like the "topography lines" on that green fabric). I might just go down to the quilt shop and see if one of their "wide backings" (they have 108" fabric, which would work) will match well enough.


I started cutting for the next quilt (one using pastel "dessert themed" fabrics from Connecting Threads) but I only cut a few pieces before I was all "Whaarrrrrgarrrrbllll, more cutting" and stopped.

No comments: