Monday, August 19, 2013

My new toof...

Finally, tomorrow I go to get the permanent crown put on the tooth I broke back in early July. (I could have gone in earlier, except I was out of town, and then the next week, had meetings all over the place and a doctor's appointment to boot).

On the one hand, I'm not excited to go, because it means a Novocaine shot (but I think just one, this time) and instruments in my mouth and all that jazz. But on the other hand, it will be nice not to worry any more about what I'm eating (temporary crowns can crack, so I've pretty much avoided my common afternoon snack of almonds lately, out of fear of damaging it). And I've had a few minutes of fear where I thought I felt it break but it was just food getting around it.

(I sound paranoid but the first crown I had done, the temporary failed....a piece broke off of it and I didn't realize it and was in pretty serious pain for a week until I finally decided I HAD to go back to the dentist, even if he was just going to tell me to be a Big Tough Cowgirl and deal with it....turns out the temporary HAD failed and needed to be replaced).

I don't have any classes tomorrow but plan to come in for research in the morning. I need to get geared up for doing more research again. I'm trying to go back to that "one hour per day" rule (excepting Wednesdays, when I have a super busy schedule, and Sundays, which I think I should take off any way). If I can fit in an extra hour or three somewhere (like on Tuesday mornings) I may decide I'm entitled to take an occasional Saturday off....

No comments: