Sunday, August 11, 2013

Finished hitchhiker scarf

I actually finished this before break (RIGHT before; I was weaving in ends minutes before leaving the house). It wound up taking one full skein (100g, about 420 yards) of sock yarn, plus perhaps 10% of the second skein. (A person could, were they not the compulsive sort who would be disturbed by having a scarf named after "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe" having fewer than 42 points on it, make it shorter by three or four points and use only one skein).

But I wanted it to be "right" (One of the ways, as I've said before, that I'm a little compulsive, is that there are some things that are "right" - not in a moral sense, but in a correctness or satisfaction sense - and while objectively doing those things "wrong" really doesn't hurt anything, it still bothers me somehow). So I did the full 42 points.

Here it is:

Hitchhiker 1

The yarn was, if I remember correctly, Cascade "Heritage" sockyarn in a variegated pink colorway. (There are also some tan-bordering-on-chestnut colors in there)

It's a nice scarf, it drapes well and I can see that you can arrange it numerous different ways. (Like a lot of the things I've finished recently, this will have to wait a bit for it to be cooler before I can wear it.)

This might be a slightly better picture of it:

hitchhiker 2

No comments: