Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Small good news

I got the grant I applied for.

Of course, not getting it - as it was a university small grant where the money was apparently going begging - would have been far more "bad" than actually getting the grant is "good." There apparently wasn't a lot of competition for these. (I guess not many at my university are doing research, because I haven't heard of that many external grants being won). I'm going to have to figure out now how I use those funds to buy gas for field-site travel - whether they will actually do a purchase-order thing I have to take to the gas station, or what? (I hope not. I hope it's just "bring us receipts and we will reimburse") thing.

Other than that, it's the last week of classes and I am dealing with people who are melting down. I had tears after one class today when I handed something back. It frustrates me because I can never tell if it's genuine frustration/sadness or if it's something that has worked on other profs. At any rate - no, you don't get extra credit for crying.

I have one exam written, have to start the next one, then I have to figure out how to encumber some of my monies so I can get my supplies by the end of exam week, when I plan to start looking for bees.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Congrats on getting the grant.