Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Some knitting progress

I feel like I need to share some photos. (I think of someone who complained - not at my blog, mind you, but I felt a bit of the sting - about how they hated "all words" knitting blogs and wouldn't read them; for them a blog was no good without photos. But when you get busy, there's nothing finished to post...)

So here are some in-progress items.

First, the Appaloosa sock. This is the one from the Lisa Souza sockyarn I was talking about earlier. I like how it sort of stripes; I wasn't expecting that.

appaloosa sock

And this is as far as I am (well, as of Monday night) on the back of the new Central Park Hoodie. I like the color of this yarn, and it's also a nice yarn to knit with (Berroco's "Vintage"). I tend to be a natural-fibers snob but this yarn is mostly acrylic - and it has a nice hand and a nice drape.

CPH back begins

And finally - well, I'm not so sure about this one. The handpainted yarn is pooling a bit, but mainly I'm worried that this shawlette is going to be too small for me, seeing as I am One With Prodigious Shoulders. They show these things on your typical tiny-thin model, and I forget that I am to them as your average linebacker is to a gymnast....So I don't know. If it doesn't fit me? Well, it's not colors my mom wears, and my sister in law doesn't wear this kind of "fussy" thing. So I don't know. I hope I can block it to make it at least minimally fit me.

Shawlette

And then, finally, because I worked so hard this weekend and because Monday was a rough day in some ways, I let myself open one of the three remaining blindbag ponies I had. (I checked the Mart of Wal when I was there Saturday; no joy. Because really, these things DO make fine little "treats" for me; it surprises me how happy being able to open one and see what I got makes me).

I got an excellent one. A background pony that probably never actually appeared on the show, but still: I really like her color scheme:

Ribbon Wishes

Ribbon Wishes is her name. (shot her in Mega Close Up). It's also nice to see a pony that has something other than a food-related name. (They COULD do a whole line of craft-ponies - with names relating to yarn and glitter and fabric - but I suppose the market for those would be somewhat limited)

2 comments:

Lydia said...

The sock yarn does work quite nicely with the basketweave pattern, and the pony is really cute.

CGHill said...

Granny Smith's mother (unofficially dubbed "Sew 'n Sow" by some) has a sewing machine for a cutie mark.