Monday, February 11, 2013

A busy weekend

Well, I accomplished everything I needed to do this weekend:

1. Friday midday, between classes: started writing the exam.
2. Friday afternoon: Graded the papers, finished writing the exam (I still have to type it, but that's what office hours are for).
3. Saturday morning: worked on the rewrite (most of the comments were things I had already changed, as it turned out), until I ran up against a non-working site-license for the stats program I wanted to use, so I stopped and will need to call today to see what's up.
4. Saturday afternoon: cleaned the "public" rooms of the house. (my office and my bedroom rarely get cleaned extensively, but that's ok; I'm the only one who ever sees them). Originally I was just going to do part of it but then I got into the groove and just decided to finish it. All that remains to make the house presentable are to take away the broken-down cardboard boxes (I save the boxes as I get mail-order stuff for a month or two at a time and then haul them all off to recycling). And dusting the piano (and removing Ponies...)
5. Baked the cake Sunday.

I did get some knitting done as well; I changed over to the larger needle (non-knitters: typically you knit the ribbing of a sweater on a smaller-sized needle so it will be tighter, then go up a size for the body) and ran through part of the first repeat of the cable pattern on the new CPH.

And I'm working on a pair of socks. I'm using the Appaloosa print yarn I bought a while back from Lisa Souza (it was a fundraiser for a horse sanctuary). I decided to try a basketweave stitch instead of just plain knitting and while it doesn't show up as much as it might on a pair of plain-colored socks, neither does it "fight" with the slight striping tendency of the colorway.

I also cut the rest of the bits I need for the current quilt; I will have to set aside time to lay it out at some point now.

No comments: