Sunday, December 02, 2012

Bon Bon Mitts

I'm working on the two "promised" pieces of crafting - I have the head and part of the body of the pony done, and today (because my "winter skin" reacts badly to too much friction from acrylic yarn - I got a blister from crocheting) I shifted over and started the pair of mitts for my colleague.

I am up to the thumb gusset on the first mitt.

Bon Bon mitts

You can see the first mitt of the second pair in progress there - I'm using size 3 needles. I think on my own pair I used 2s or 1s and they did come out a little bit tight (they stretch, though). I think the size 3 needles give a better fabric for mitts.

Why is that pony there? That's Lyra Heartstrings. In the show, she's the best friend of a pony named Bon Bon (they are almost always seen together in background shots, allegedly because, as an animator said, "Their color schemes look good together).

Also, Lyra is - in fanon - the pony who wishes she had human hands. Though I don't think these mitts would fit her even if she did.

No comments: