Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Taste the rainbow?

So, I went home to fix lunch because today is my long day, and it's easier to eat my big meal at lunchtime and just have a snack at dinner time.

And I looked at what I had fixed: little bowl of (sodium free frozen) corn, bowl of (sodium free frozen) green beans, red cabbage, applesauce (and homemade, low-sodium chicken fingers) and I thought, "wooo. I'm tasting the rainbow." (Said very much in a Daria Morgendorfer sort of voice).

And then I thought, dangit, I wish these tasted like Skittles.

Yeah. I was a little afraid of this. I'm reaching the point in my cycle where I want carbohydrates and sugar and don't 'specially want to eat vegetables. I'm just gonna have to power through it. I'm telling myself, "This diet may be tedious, but going through rehab after a stroke is probably even more tedious." (Yeah, for once, my tendency to expect the worst possible outcome is probably useful to me).

I will say the diet is in danger of making me feel like this:


(Sad Pinkie Pie from Brian C's Deviant Art page.)

I just hope I don't start talking to my turnips. Because it's weird to talk to the stuff you're about to eat.

No comments: