Friday, October 12, 2012

Yes, a geek

One way in which I'm geeky: I have particular pieces of music I totally love and can re-hear almost endlessly and still enjoy them.

Right now, there is a PIANO ARRANGEMENT of "Academic Festival Overture" playing on my Pandora station (it does not sound like it is four-hands, even). My first thought: I NEED THIS SHEET MUSIC NAOW.

(ETA: Yes, the version I am hearing is four-hands. But there is a solo piano arrangement out there. (N.B., .pdf file). Not the best scan of music ever....but knowing it exists makes me want to track down a better copy. Wonder if Amazon has a book with it in it? I know I do want a book of Chopin preludes so I have my own copy of "Raindrop" (for when I return the book with it in it to my teacher).)

Definitely something I want to work towards someday, as it is one of my all-time favorite pieces of music.

No comments: