The sun was out this afternoon so I got some photographs of the finally-finished quilt.
I decided to spread it out on the ground as it's so large that I couldn't hang it from the clothesline without it dragging on the ground. (Yes, I did check VERY carefully for doggie-bombs before I put it down!)
This is a nice quilt. It shouldn't have taken me 10 years to hand quilt but I got involved with so many other projects and tended to neglect working on it in favor of things that either got done faster or were more portable.
It's all rjr fabrics, as I remember - it was a "reproduction" line of some of the fabrics that were among the first widely-available quilter's cottons during the 1970s quilt renaissance. I can't remember the name of the line now but I will probably think of it. The interesting thing is, some of the fabrics here in reproduction, I remember well from their original run - my mom had some of them and I even remember seeing some of them for sale in the Dodd's department store in Hudson, back when Dodd's used to sell fabric.
Part of the reason it took a fairly long time was that the handquilting was fairly complex. I don't remember where I found this feathered-circle motif, but I do know I hand-copied it out of a book and cut my own stencil for it - it wasn't a purchased stencil.
The orange-peel-like design was from a template, but as I worked on the quilt and it wore off, I just reconstituted it from memory rather than trying to find my original template. So it varies a little in size, but then again, that made it fit the space better.
So, on to the next quilt in the frame....