Thursday, October 11, 2012

And ironically enough....

This month is apparently Bullying Prevention Awareness Month.

While I am not sure what I experienced yesterday rose to true "bullying" (though I would think it would if I had someone doing that kind of thing to me every day), it's an important reminder that adults can bully as well. Unfortunately, when you're an adult sometimes you just either kind of have to suck it up, or make the risk of going to HR, or, as I sometimes say to myself, "You just have to work with that person; they have to live with themselves."

Then again, I'm not optimistic that bullying can be "stopped" among children, either. There will always be bullies, they will just find more subtle and devious ways to do it. It's sad and awful, but there are just some human beings who seem to enjoy making others upset and unhappy.


***

In other matters: It's going to be tough for me to get through this day without bribing myself with SOMETHING. I'm really unmotivated at the moment.

***

And maybe there's an upside to being "the female Sheldon Cooper" - does that mean I can demand someone come over to my house and sing "Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty" if I get a cold? And make me grilled cheese? 

1 comment:

purlewe said...

I'd be happy to call you up and sing that song. It is one of our house favorites. :D

I don't find Sheldon mean spirited btw. I just think that he hasn't learned any coping techniques. I have a few people in my life with no coping mechanisms in place. It is exhausting to watch them.