Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Blocking the sweater

Here's Ropes and Picots, blocking away:

(I had already blocked the back, as it turned out, way back when I finished it).

As of last night, the sleeves (they are stacked up on top of each other to get them the same dimensions) were still damp, but they should be dry by tonight. (I probably won't start sewing it up tonight; I have my evening class).

But: SOON.

Blocking Ropes and Picots

I'm probably going to have four balls (or close to it) leftover; I'm thinking maybe using it for hats. If there is any charity these days that accepts hats that would require handwashing.

I've been working on this for well over a year so it's time it's done.

***

And another thing, something that amuses me mightily. Back during my cruddy week, when I was all sad about not being creative enough and feeling very put-upon by student demands, in addition to ordering some yarn, I ordered this off of Etsy:

He pities the fool.

It's a "Mr. Tea" mug. With Mr. T's mug on the front! And it's pink. There is so much about this mug that I love. And I have to say, it's a very well-made mug: nice and solid, the glaze on it seems to be really thick. The glaze on the inside is a darker shade of pink than the glaze on the outside, which is a nice little touch. The person who made it noted that the glazes they used all tested lead-free, and that the mug was dishwasher and microwave safe. But I think I will probably hand wash it, just to help preserve the picture on the front longer. (Sometimes our hard water, especially if you use a detergent that has a little chlorine in it, things tend to get etched a bit in the dishwasher).

I've already inaugurated it; maybe you can see the tag from the teabag I used hanging over the edge.

Because really, it's nice to have a tea mug with Mr. T on it.

***

So, based on Chris' comment, that means my refusing all 'bots access to posting comments is actually doing the world a service, by not allowing them to game the SEO techniques? Okay, I feel a little better about it now. 

3 comments:

L.L. said...

I love that Mr. T mug! I pity the fool who doesn't love tea!

Lydia said...

Afghans for Afghans takes things knit from at least 75% animal fiber. There isn't an active drive going now, but there's a list in the group of other places to donate that take wool: http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/fans-of-afghans-for-afghans/2259431/1-25#18

CGHill said...

Chris is quite correct. The harder it is for the bots, the better it is for the actual humans. (And ponies, where applicable.)