Yeah, I finally got around to photographing the finished quilt and the most recent top today.
Here's the finished quilt. It's that "Flower Show" quilt, I think I pieced it like a year ago? And I took it to the local quilt shop this spring and they quilted it for me with a big all over pattern of sort of angular stylized roses, which I think works very nicely with the quilt.
I don't know if you can see that I did a two-color binding. I didn't have quite enough of the blue fabric (used between every calico fabric - sort of a sashing) for the entire binding, so I used bits of the leftover backing fabric in a couple places. I like that, it's in the spirit of the "modern style" quilt, and also, I thought introducing another fabric would just be too much.
Here's an angle view, I don't know if it's any easier to see the quilting.
The light in my backyard is different now with the redbud tree gone.
This next one is a simple "strippy" top made from about half of a Jelly Roll of fabric. I discovered with this quilt that sewing long strips - even ones ostensibly cut on the straight of grain (but I don't think the jelly roll strips are perfectly grain-aligned) still can stretch. I had to trip the heck out of this before putting the borders on and at that, the bottom edge is almost an inch wider than the top. This is probably one of those places where starching the fabrics first might be a good idea. (I don't like doing it because then you have to wash it out again before you USE the quilt, but I can see the argument for it here.)
It's really hard to see this one in the sun because it's all so pale.
Here's a close up showing some of the fabrics.
Still have not decided for sure whether to keep this one for myself, or to have it quilted and then donate it to Project Linus. On the one hand, it is a little wonky and I kind of hate giving things that are less-than-perfect. So I don't know.