Saturday, April 07, 2012

Ponies, ponies everywhere...

Also, one or two other things:

There may be another pony in my future. I found a yarn at Hobby Lobby that would be just right for Lyra/Heartstring's mane, so I went ahead and bought it. (I already had some mint green on hand). I'm considering seeing if I can rejigger the Friends Forever Fawn pattern (mainly by sewing things in a different orientation) to make a Sitting Lyra.(I still want to make a DJ Pon-3 some time, and possibly a Pinkie if I can find that pink boucle I thought would be good for her hair)

Also, when I was at the Kroger's, they had Cascarones on sale. For those of you who live where there are few Mexican immigrants, or where they don't keep some of the traditions: a cascarone is a hollow eggshell filled with confetti. The idea is, you go around and break them over the heads of friends and family, so they get showered with confetti. It's said that having a cascarone broken over you brings good luck. And my first thought on seeing them was: Pinkie Pie would really like cascarones. Both because of the confetti, and because of the slight prank aspect of it, but also because it represents good wishes to your friends.

1 comment:

purlewe said...

Thought about you this weekend as I was in Assateague Island and saw plenty of wild ponies. I kept thinking if you were there you'd give them all great names and great background stories for me. Personally I was just fascinated. I had no idea there were still wild ponies on the east coast.