Sunday, April 01, 2012

A little nonsense....

I'll probably add to this list tomorrow, as I hear about more of them (I don't generally spend a lot of time online on Sundays), but this is the annual list of funny online joke sites.

"Unicorn Cookbook found at the British Library" (No, not food FOR unicorns...food made OUT OF unicorns. That sound you just heard was Rarity fainting).

Google Maps goes techno-retro (8-bit style...now even your town can look like Super Mario World!)

Why use AdBlock, when you can use CatBlock and turn ads into cats? (There might actually be a market for this.)

And for all the "bronies" - now you can Bro-Hoof for REALS! (I want a pair of Luna-style ones. As much as I love some of the other ponies, Luna DOES have the best hooves.)

And ThinkGeek comes through again, with anAdmiral Ackbar-style Singin' Billy Bass (it even says, "It's a trap!") and an Inflatable Star Trek Captain's Chair*. They also have a "Free Shrugs" t-shirt, which I totally need for those times when a student comes to me all desperate because they couldn't write the paper that was assigned over a month ago because the campus wide internet went down the previous day. (*allegedly, that one is even really real. But made for children.)

1 comment:

purlewe said...

From Kodak:
http://tinyurl.com/bpvk2sl

Choose a breed, press, PRINT, and wait 90 seconds: Get ready to be smitten by your Kodak Insta-Kitten!

and another from google:
http://youtu.be/1KhZKNZO8mQ

google tap, morse code for your fone.

Those were the 2 I liked yesterday.