Tuesday, February 28, 2012

it's a cold

This has to be a cold. My throat never feels this shredded with allergies. (That's the worst thing right now - the sore throat).

The good news is I'm done teaching for the day, and my piano teacher called to cancel - her daughter is sick (this is an adult daughter who lives up in Tulsa - I can't remember if she's married and has a baby but I think she's the one that does, so probably my teacher is going to help with childcare). I'm relieved because I was debating calling and cancelling myself, based on how I feel (and the fact that my ears are messed up - congested - and everything sounds wrong, some things sound too loud and other things sound muted). I mean, it's bad her daughter is sick and I sure hope it's nothing serious, but I'm glad I don't have to decide if I'm up to going to lesson today.

I'm considering running by the decent local Chinese place (this is different from the one I tried to go to Saturday that had closed up) and getting a tub of hot and sour soup to eat. (Theirs is good and cheap - cheaper than I can make it, I suppose it's the economy of scale thing).

I think I'm just going to go home and do the little bit of reading I have left to do and spend the rest of the afternoon watching cartoons and doing some (simple) knitting. I'm ahead for the rest of the week so I don't have to stay over here and work, thank goodness.

No comments: